If you wish your book to be considered for our inventory, please read the following:
· We are only able to stock a self-published title if the author is a customer of our bookshop
· If we accept a title for our shelves, we expect that the author will promote this fact on his or her website.
. We will pay the author 60% of the retail price if the book sells which means Books Around the Corner keeps This means that Books Around the Corner will keep 40% the retail price for each book we sell.
· Generally, we will carry one to two consignment titles.
· The author is responsible for delivering new inventory should we sell out and reorder, and also to pick up any unsold inventory.
· It is the author’s responsibility to check on sales. We agree to keep books for three months. After three months, the author must contact us and we will pay for books sold and return the unsold copies to the author. If we have not heard from the author after four months, we will donate the books to our donation bookcase.
Because we receive so many inquiries, we regret that we are unable to accommodate walk-in visits or telephone inquiries about self-published titles. All unsolicited review copies will be donated to the library.
The final decision about the price of a title is the author’s. The final decision about whether we carry any title is our own. We reserve the right to not accept a title if we feel that we cannot sell it.
If your book meets the above guidelines and you want us to carry it, please contact us via email or regular mail with information about your book.
Books Around the Corner