“What I say is, a town isn’t a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it’s got a bookstore, it knows it’s not foolin’ a soul.”
– Neil Gaiman, American Gods
As of today all of our new books are up on our website and a majority of our gently used are also listed. We will continue to offer contactless pickup, delivery, and now shipping. We encourage you to still place your orders to pick up contactless at our shop. The other shop page listed above can be used to ship books to someone else or if you know of someone who doesn’t have a bookshop in their community are and wants to support our independent bookshop.
We’re excited to announce a giveaway for the month of September! To enter Sponsor a Stack in the month of September and we’ll enter you to win a special fall/Halloween bundle including books, stickers, pins, and a big tote bag tailored by Books Around the Corner owner and fall/Halloween enthusiast, Stephanie. Valued at $100! You gain one entry with each level of stack. So for example, if you bought a $75 dollar level stack you’d have 3 entries! These stacks of book will go to those in need in the community including My Father’s House, Snowcap, and local Gresham readers.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year and we’ll have Halloween/fall themed window displays and reading recommendations in these areas too. Check out our special Halloween collection in our online shop. We’ll be adding new books and items to it weekly.
With that being said please start thinking about your holiday shopping now. As much as we don’t want to start promoting it in September/October if you want your items on time please place your orders in September and at the latest October. We have a shipping option now for those of you who want to send gifts to your family. Information is above. Publishers, distributors, and shipping are all delayed and orders will take longer to fulfill.
One last thing: Thank you all for your continued support and for making Independent Bookstore Day more of a success than we ever could imagine considering we’re in the midst of a pandemic. We continue to survive because of all of you and your love of books and small businesses.
BIG SHOP ANNOUNCEMENT IN OUR OCTOBER NEWSLETTER
ONGOING SHOP INFORMATION
- Shop Online and Pick Up At Store
- Shop Online and Ship to Your Door
- Shop By Appointment: Details HERE
- Home Delivery: We will deliver our books anywhere in Gresham for only a small fee of $5! You can email the shop and we can do the transaction online.
- Events: All book clubs for the foreseeable future will continue to take place virtually on Zoom. Feel free to email or call us with any questions or concerns.
- Cleaning: We are taking extra precautions around sanitation at the bookstore, per the WHO and CDC sites. We are regularly sanitizing high touch zones, regularly and thoroughly hand washing, as well as practicing good respiratory hygiene (coughing and sneezing into arms).
STAFF PICK OF THE MONTH
BESTSELLERS THIS MONTH
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
“The wolves in the woods have sharp teeth and long claws, but it’s the wolf inside who will tear you apart.”