First I want to thank you all for your support over the past few months. COVID-19 is still here and we are a long way from a vaccine. Appointments have been going well! Details below. We had a virtual author visit in June and it has been great to connect with all of you virtually and with a smile and a wave through the glass. Behind the scenes we are ordering more and more books from publishers and still adding photos to our website every Sunday night of the entire shop. It’s a great way to see what we have in the shop and what’s new every week. Book clubs will continue to be held virtually. Please keep all orders to phone or email and not social media. We want to make sure we only check one place online and not miss any of your orders.
WE WILL BE CLOSED JULY 4TH – JULY 8TH. BOOK TALK BOOK CLUB WILL STILL TAKE PLACE. ALL PREORDERS FOR JULY 7TH WILL BE READY FOR PICKUP WHEN WE RETURN.
While a lot of businesses are just starting to open back up Books Around the Corner has been open the entire time and these past few months have been challenging to say the least. We are so incredibly grateful for your continued support. Time to rest and rejuvenate is needed as you all know Books Around the Corner is operated by one person and we appreciate you understanding and your patience.
Phone and email will not be checked during this time. We will need 1-3 businesses days AFTER returning on 7/9 to respond to voicemails and emails. Pickups and appointments will resume scheduling on 7/10.
Thank you all so SO much for supporting Gresham’s one stop bookshop. We wanted to let you know now so you have time to stock up on books while we’re away!
- Hours: We are open our regular hours for contact free door pickup. 11-6 Tuesday-Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday, closed Mondays. We are closed for public browsing.
- Shop By Appointment: Details HERE
- Contact Free Door Pickup: Call or email the store, pay for your books, schedule a specific time day/time and pickup your books at a cart outside our front door.
- Home Delivery: We will deliver our books anywhere in Gresham for only a small fee of $5! You can pay for your books over the phone (503-489-8804) and we will drop off the book as soon as we can. You can also email the shop and we can do the transaction online.
- Events: All book clubs for the foreseeable future will continue to take place virtually on Zoom. Feel free to email or call us with any questions or concerns.
- Cleaning: We are taking extra precautions around sanitation at the bookstore, per the WHO and CDC sites. We are regularly sanitizing high touch zones, regularly and thoroughly hand washing, as well as practicing good respiratory hygiene (coughing and sneezing into arms).
BOOK TALK BOOK CLUB BOOK LIST
Book Talk Book Club meets monthly! Here’s the list of what the community read in June.
The Fix by David Baldacci
The Lost Man by Jane Harper
A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
Me and White Supremacy by Layla Saad
The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra by Vaseem Khan
Beautiful Animals by Lawrence Osborne
The Letter Writer by Dan Fesperman
Life and Death in Shanghai by Nien Cheng
Journey into the Whirlwind by Eugenia Semyonovna Ginzburg
Rome 1960: The Olympics That Changed the World by David Maraniss
Calculating stars Mary Robinette Kowal
Red Shirts John Scalzi
End of Watch Stephen King
A Bad Deal for the Whole Galaxy Alex White
Outliers Malcolm Gladwell
The End of October Lawrence Wright
The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
My Dark Vanessa by Elizabeth Kate Russell
Tightrope by Nicholas Krisof
Someone We Know by Shari Lapena
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Hollywood Park by Mikel Jollett
Master Class by Christine Dalcher