First I want to thank you all for your support over the past few months. COVID-19 is still here and we are a long way from a vaccine. We will continue to be closed for browsing BUT we are adding an exciting new feature. Ever dreamed of being locked in a bookstore? Well now you have the chance! Details below. Here are some of the things we are doing to better support our readers. Behind the scenes we are ordering more and more books from publishers and still adding photos to our website every Sunday night of the entire shop. It’s a great way to see what we have in the shop and what’s new every week. We care about you all so much and that’s why we will not be opening up for public browsing. Safety is more important to us than the opportunity at extra sales. We had such a wonderful time at book clubs in May and will continue holding book clubs virtually. Please keep all orders to phone or email and not social media. We want to make sure we only check one place online and not miss any of your orders. Thanks Again!
- Hours: We are open our regular hours for contact free door pickup. 11-6 Tuesday-Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday, closed Mondays. We are closed for public browsing.
- Shop By Appointment: Details HERE
- Contact Free Door Pickup: Call or email the store, pay for your books, schedule a specific time day/time and pickup your books at a cart outside our front door.
- Home Delivery: We will deliver our books anywhere in Gresham for only a small fee of $5! You can pay for your books over the phone (503-489-8804) and we will drop off the book as soon as we can. You can also email the shop and we can do the transaction online.
- Events: All book clubs for the foreseeable future will continue to take place virtually on Zoom. Feel free to email or call us with any questions or concerns.
- Cleaning: We are taking extra precautions around sanitation at the bookstore, per the WHO and CDC sites. We are regularly sanitizing high touch zones, regularly and thoroughly hand washing, as well as practicing good respiratory hygiene (coughing and sneezing into arms).
BOOK TALK BOOK CLUB BOOK LIST
Book Talk Book Club meets monthly! Here’s the list of what the community read in May.
The Glass Hotel by Emily St. Mandel
Collapsing Empire Series by John Scalzi
Homo Deus by Yuval Noah Harari
American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells
The Echo Wife by Sarah Gailey
A Big Ship at the End of the Universe by Alex White
The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver
Exorcist by William Peter Blatty
Horizon by Barry Lopez
Qualityland by Marc-Uwe Kling
Ghost Story by Peter Straub
The Suspect by Fiona Barton
NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer
Bowie by Allred
Darling Rose Gold by Stephanie Wrobel
Normal People by Sally Rooney
Emergent Strategy by Adrienne Maree-Brown
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb
Agent to the Stars by John Scalzi
Black Wave by Kim Ghattas
Polar Star by Martin Cruz Smith
The Last by Hanna Jameson
1947 by Elizabeth Asbrink
The Rest of Us by Stephen Birmingham
City of Devils by Paul French
Fault Lines by Julian E. Zelizer and Kevin M. Kruse
You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle
These Precious Scars by Emily Suvada
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
It’s Okay to Laugh: (Crying Is Cool Too) by Nora McInerny Purmort
Depression & Other Magic Tricks by Sabrina Benaim